- St. Petersburg State University, Faculty of Law, Law Degree, 1978, Russia
- Russian, English
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- St. Petersburg International Business Association (SPIBA)
- American Chamber of Commerce in St. Petersburg
Irina Selezneva is a Senior Counsel, Attorney-at-Law in the Dispute Resolution Practice at Nordic Star Law Offices.
Irina has over 35 years of experience of handling criminal, administrative and civil cases in Russian courts, including representing clients in complicated corporate conflicts and cases involving fraud, embezzlement, money laundering, and the recovery of assets or the protection of them against a hostile takeover. She has experience of participating in international criminal law procedures, including matters involving mutual legal assistance and extradition.
- Dispute Resolution: St. Petersburg (Tier 2: 2011 – 2021)
Chambers Europe | 2021
Irina Selezneva handles a broad range of litigation mandates including commercial disputes and administrative claims. She is also active on IP-related cases.
Chambers Europe | 2018
“Senior counsel Irina Selezneva is praised for her practical knowledge and pragmatic approach to contentious cases. One source highlights her “great attention to minor detail” as well as her “creative approach to developing a defence position.” She regularly advises on debt and contractual disputes, principally acting for domestic corporates.”
The Best Lawyers
- Arbitration and Mediation (2020 – 2022, Lawyer of the Year 2022)
- Litigation (2013 – 2022, Lawyer of the Year 2020)
- International Arbitration (2020 – 2022)
- Maritime Law (2021-2022)
IFLR 1000 | 2020
“Very professional and experienced.”
The Legal 500
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation (2021)
Pravo.ru – 300
- International Litigation, federal rating (2020)
- Arbitration (Major Disputes – High Market), federal rating (2021)