- SDA Bocconi, Executive master in luxury management (EMiLUX), 2019 – 2020, Milan, Italy
- ESSEC Business School, Executive master in luxury management (EMiLUX), 2019 – 2020, Paris, France
- St. Petersburg State University, Faculty of Law, advanced course in Civil Law, 2014, Russia
- Legal professionals exchange programme organized by the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation and Brick Court Chambers, 2011, London, UK
- St. Petersburg State University, Faculty of Law, Master’s Degree in Law, 2010, Russia
- St. Petersburg State University, Faculty of Law, Bachelor’s Degree in Law, 2008, Russia
- Russian, English, Italian
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- St. Petersburg International Business Association (SPIBA)
- American Chamber of Commerce in St. Petersburg
Anna Zabrotskaya is a Partner, Attorney-at-Law, Head of the Dispute Resolution Practice and Head of the Fashion & Lux Practice at Nordic Star Law Offices.
Anna regularly represents domestic and international clients in proceedings before Russian commercial (‘arbitrazhny’) courts and courts of general jurisdiction of all levels, as well as in international commercial arbitration under the rules of ICAC, LCIA, SCC and other arbitration institutions. She has extensive experience in coordinating parallel proceedings and working with lawyers in foreign jurisdictions on matters concerning arbitration or litigation in Russia and abroad. This includes the enforcement of court orders, the preparation or obtaining of legal opinions, the imposition of interim measures, and the recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards and judgments.
Anna is also a pioneer in the setting up of fashion law as a new practice area in Russia and is the main contact for many international companies in the fashion and luxury goods industry, including French, UK, US and Italian brands. She focuses on assisting luxury businesses in Russia and abroad with brand development and brand protection, and with sustaining fruitful partnerships with manufacturers, retailers and online distributors. Anna also advises international clients on issues and disputes relating to trademarks, design, anti-counterfeiting, and unfair business practices.
Since 2012, Anna has been a member of the St. Petersburg City Bar Association, and in 2015 she was appointed to the SIAC Users Council. Since 2019, Anna has been a lecturer on International Commercial Arbitration in the Faculty of Law at St. Petersburg State University.
- Dispute Resolution: St. Petersburg (2020 - 2021)
Chambers Europe | 2021
“Anna Zabrotskaya oversees the disputes practice, acting for domestic and international corporates on commercial litigation. She is also increasingly active in international arbitration cases. “She can see the whole picture and proposes a business-oriented solution,” a client says.”
Chambers Europe | 2020
“Anna Zabrotskaya enters the rankings this year as a result of growing recognition and positive market feedback. One source explains: “Her advice is focused and precise; she is very dedicated to the clients’ needs.” Another describes her as “responsive, diligent, clear and direct.” She assists international clients with commercial disputes.”
The Best Lawyers
- Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2016 – 2022, Lawyer of the Year 2016)
- Arbitration and Mediation (2019 – 2022)
- International Arbitration (2021-2022)
- Litigation (2021-2022, Lawyer of the Year 2022)
- Retail Law (2021-2022)
The Legal 500
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation (2021)
The Legal 500 | 2021
“Anna Zabrotskaya has founded the fashion and luxury goods practice at the firm – a highly innovative and novel area.”
Pravo.ru – 300
- International Dispute Resolution, federal rating (2021)